Friday, May 15, 2015

Who's a Gold Digger?

I'm sitting here with my friend Kendall having a discussion about MEN...she really bothers me like that at work...why?? lol  But I don't know how we got on the subject but we started talking about gold diggers. Or should I say, the perception of Gold Diggers.

When I hear the word Gold Digger i immediately think of EPMD.  Now I know you youngins will think of Jamie Foxx and Kanye West's Gold Digger song, but listen to the FIRST Gold Digger song. It's a classic.  Anyways, when we hear that word Gold Digger most people automatically think of a woman who's out to get whatever she can from any man that comes in her path. ...i know a few chicks like that lol  Gold Diggers, according to public perception, find a guy to prey on, hook him, then milk him for everything he has.  She somehow has cast some sort of magical spell on him that makes him cray cray for the poonanay.  So much that he'd give her his last of everything...and she still doesn't have enough. 

I don't know about you all, but I'm tired of the public perception, or misperception i should say, of only women being Gold Diggers.  Men are Gold Diggers too. I literally bust out laughing when someone, especially men, call females gold diggers because men are Gold Diggers too!

Let's take guy #1, for the sake of discussion.  He wants his woman to look like X, Y, and Z.  And have a certain length hair.  He also wants her to have a body like a superstar or a video vixen, not to have any emotions (the ability to complain or voice a concern), and be the lady of the house as defined by the standards from the 40's-60's...a stay at home Mom who takes care of the kids and family on a full time basis. This woman doesn't exist, but let's say she does.  Why wouldn't we consider this guy to be a Gold Digger? Is it because his expectations don't require something that could be considered to be monetary? In this case, does money trump physical attributes? If a woman wants a man who could provide for her, and give a comfortable life, is that considered Gold Digging?  Since when did requirements and expectations of a significant other constitute that person falling into Gold Digging status?  How often have you come across a man or a woman who has certain [ridiculous] expectations for the mate and you thought to yourself, this person is nuts?  I meet A LOT of men who are so set in their ways, that they can't see the forest for the trees. Once, I had man tell me that he wanted this, that, or another in a mate. She had to be a certain way in public, be a certain way at home, be educated, etc.  Ok, now this guy was a college drop out, was working various seasonal jobs, barely making a living for himself, and most importantly...his sex game was WHACK.  And I mean WHACK as hell WHACK.  I just listened quietly, and laughed a lot in my mind. And thought to myself...Dude, you sound like a damn fool.  I never responded to his messages or phone calls. ..LMAO

Conversely, I've talked with a lot of females who want a  specific man as well.  Now, I'm not saying to lower your standards to the bottom of the barrel, but if you can' offer that man anything, except ass then well you get what you pay for.  You'll end up being left, or only being just that...a piece of ass.  A trophy.  But hey, if you're ok with that, ain't nobody knockin' your hustle lol.  Your requirements for men are just as important as their requirements for you. So, if you have certain requirements and not willing to budge on them, you might wanna prepare yourself for the single life lol  Just kidding..


But at the end of the day, the media will project an image of females being Gold Diggers, but the reality is that EVERYBODY is a Gold Digger is some form or fashion.  Everyone.  Everyone is looking for something out of a relationship.  It might be money, sex, cars, clothes...but they are looking for SOMETHING! I can tell you that I'm Gold Digging for specific things...i won't let the cat completely out of the bag though ;-)  But they fall along the lines of Honesty, Trust, Compassion, Provider, etc.  But at the end of the day, I want something from my mate just like he wants something from me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment